[Qgis-developer] Testsuite

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 07:21:21 EDT 2010

2010/6/21 Volker Fröhlich <volker27 at gmx.at>:
> Thank you, Martin!
>
> Yes, I realized you need it installed, which is a pity, because you can't use
> it before packaging to RPM. I also had the experience that some tests failed,
> others didn't.

Well, you don't have to create a package just to run the tests: I
usually compile qgis and install it to a local directory e.g.
~/qgis/inst, additionally when playing around with tests, it's not
necessary to also install the tests - simply enter e.g. tests/src/core
within your build directory and modify/compile/run the tests.

> Are the tests still maintained?

Our long-term goal is to have at least core and gui library covered
well with the tests, but the tests are not getting enough attention
from the developers. So, yes, they are maintained, but not very
actively. I hope once we will have a buildbot running, things will
improve.

Regards
Martin