[Qgis-developer] set plugin enabled by default

Stefan Kiefer st_kiefer at web.de
Mon Mar 1 09:00:55 EST 2010

Hi Borys,
thanks for your answer.
that might be a way I also had in mind. Otherwise in Windows
environments the config is written to the registry. I would like to
avoid interferring with the registry. Whereas that would be manageable
with an installer, in Linux environments one needs to manipulate the
config file as you mentioned. Manipulating this file with an installer
would not be as easy. Otherwise, either the config file as well as the
registry entries exist only when Qgis was run first. So I have to
consider this as well.
Also with Linux there could be an - unlikly - issue that somone has
changed the QT-config path settings, Whereas this is not to expect.

Anyway, I believe I need a more sophisticated way, like setting a flag
while Qgis loads all the plugins. Or a workaround, like activating my
plugin with one of the default plugins. Manipulating the default plugins
might be the ultimo ratio, because I would neither to change this
plugins (in favor of avoiding instabilities) nor risk to overwrite
possible changes or updates on the users machine!

Otherwise, does anyone know whether  there is a flag or a property or
any way to enable/disable plugins programmatical, let's say from another
plugin?

cheers

Stefan