[Qgis-developer] Selection: new simbology vs old symbology

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:49:14 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM,  <luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:

> I discovered that this happens:
>
> given a linestring layer, and I set simbology to line width 3. Then, if I
> select one feature:
>
> - old symbology: the selection has the same width, 3.
> - new symbology: the selection has always width 1. It seems that it ignores
> the new symbology settings.
>
> The same problem happens on point layers, if you use SVG symbols: when you
> select one point, no selection appears. So, it's difficult to identify
> which features are selected...

Right, the symbol for selection is always the default symbol for the
geometry type with color chosen by the user (yellow by default). If
you disagree with this behaviour, please file a ticket.

The problem with SVG symbols happens only with selection within old
symbology. It would be complicated to modify the color of SVG symbol,
that's why their color is not changed. In new symbology the SVG symbol
is replaced by a default symbol (circle).

Martin