[Qgis-developer] Python plugin menu questions

Yves Bolognini yves.bolognini at camptocamp.com
Tue Mar 16 10:05:19 EDT 2010

Hi List,

I'm trying to modify QGIS menus through a Python plugin. I understood
that QgisInterface's xxxMenu properties contain the menus and that I
can use these properties to change menu contents. But I can't figure
out how to:

1) Remove/hide an entire menu, like the Edit menu
2) Remove/hide the contextual menu entries "Show Overview" (contextual
toolbar menu) and "Add to Overview" (contextual layer menu). Actually
I need to completely disable the overview, so it includes removing
these menu entries

Many thanks in advance
Yves