[Qgis-developer] Native file dialog bugs and the new Save As Vector functionality.

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:53:27 EDT 2010

Hi Borys,

On OS X, the native dialog seems to do what it should. Saving a layer to an ogr format brings that same format as the default the next time you choose save as. I am not sure of other problems that you are experiencing on kde, but things seem fine on OS X.

I would recommend any change away from the native dialog be specific to kde. The non-native dialogs on OS X are very awkward and clunky. In fact, it would be great to make  an effort to bring native dialog support to all existing ui elements (native in the application as well as plugins).

Regards,
John