[Qgis-developer] plugin's menu organization

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Mon Mar 29 04:23:35 EDT 2010

Dnia poniedziałek, 29 marca 2010 o 08:41:38 napisałeś:
> Hi all,
>
> For the issue on how to find the plugin: one option would be to have a
> mini-documentation popping up after the plugin install that indicates:
>
> * where to find the plugin (menu, toolbar)
> * quick info how to use it
> * Link to webpage with full documentation.
>
> This mini documentation could be part of the plugins.xml file of the
> repository.
>
> What do you think?

With Martin, we think rather about "firefox-style" rich descriptions of both
available and installed plugins, so there will be a place for such
information. Or, as you say, a popup with installation summary (of course in
case someone installs dozens of plugins, it will be one popup for whole
process).