[Qgis-developer] annotation tools

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:57:11 EDT 2010

Hi Marco,

On Mar 29, 2010, at 1:15 AM, Marco Hugentobler wrote:

> Hi John
>
> What do you mean with 'any font changes are not sticking on OS X' ? Is it that
> you select a font and it does not appear in the item?

Sorry for not being clear. The changes that are made have no effect on the font being displayed.

> Is there a place in QGIS where the native Mac font dialog already appears?
> Because I'm not sure from the docs if QFontDialog::getFont really uses the
> native dialog.

In the composer, labels that have been added correctly use the native font dialog under the "Item" tab, "Font" button. Likewise, the native color picker comes up when you hit the "Font Color" button.

>> I noticed if
>> an annotation is selected in the canvas, the resize widgets are printed
>> from the composer
>
> Right, this if fixed now.

Great. I have not tested this yet.

>> Also, font sizes are incorrect when exporting to svg on
>> my system. PDF export looked good.
>
> Hm, true. And it also happens in the form widgets. This is difficult, I remember
> that I used pixel sized fonts in the mapcomposer to avoid this problem with
> the labels. But with the form items, it is not possible because the Qt widget
> handles the font scaling.

Hopefully a solution will come to mind. I wish I had an idea for you on this, but do not.

> Regards,
> Marco

Thanks,
John