[Qgis-developer] ftools geometry check

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:38:11 EDT 2010

On 1 November 2010 18:28, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> @ Martin: What is the status of your geometry checking tool? Is there anyway
>> that this might be incorporated into trunk somehow? I think it would be much
>> better to have something a bit more compliant, stable, and with a few more
>> of the features that have been mentioned in this thread (some of which I
>> think Martin's tool already has).
>
> There's a lot of dust lying on top the "topology" plugin which is
> supposed to do various checks within one layer and among pairs of
> layers. The plugin never reached a productive state and stayed at some
> alpha/beta stage due to the lack of time. I have no time nor
> motivation to do some work on it in order to make it ready for
> inclusion to the trunk. However, if there is anyone interested to
> finalize it, I will try to dig up the code and make it available.
I completely understand Martin! I'm going to try to fix things up
using Jürgen's changes to QgsGeometry and the validateGeometry
function, so at this stage I don't think I'm interested in your other
stuff. However, it might be nice to dig into it in the future; I seem
to recall some pretty nice features in there. Anyone else with some
time on their hands?

Carson