[Qgis-developer] QGIS Call for translators

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:22:00 EDT 2010

Hi All (and especially translators)

As of today please note that we are entering string freeze for the run
up to the next release.

This is some kind of "inbetween" release due to some facts that are
described here:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2010-October/011194.html

If you are committing bug fixes please avoid changing any strings.
Translation .ts files have been updated in SVN so please update your
local svn checkouts. The period for translations will close 6th Nov.
2010 and then we will be branching for release. Any translations
submitted to us after that time will only be included in the next
release, so please submit what you have by then even if it is not complete.
As always you can track the release plans via the checklist at:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Release_Checklist_1.6

If you have any questions about the translation process, please see the
following page which includes instructions on how to generate a .ts file
for a new locale. http://www.qgis.org/wiki/GUI_Translation Many

thanks to all the translators out there for the great work you do! Regards,

P.S.: The list of Translation Progress is here
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/GUI_Translation_Progress#QGIS_Current_trunk_Version_Progress