[Qgis-developer] Raster providers

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:35:54 EDT 2010

No problem Radim. I think having a rasterprovider layer is of big
interest to be able to bind other kind of raster sources (i.e. VTK).
What about GDAL? It's 'hard-coded' inside the rasterlayer, but I
suppose it will become a raster provider implementation. Isn'it?

2010/11/5 Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>:
> I appreciate your interest, but as I said, it is not usable at the moment,
> with a lot of luck you can display GRASS integer map, but you have to
> set min/max manually
> to get reasonable colors.
>
> Radim
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Radim! That was a feature I hoped to see since the first time I
>> saw Qgis :)
>> I'm going to check it out rigth now.
>>
>> giovanni
>>
>> 2010/11/5 Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have created new branch 'raster-providers' for true raster providers
>>> support development which is my main task for the upcoming hackfest.
>>> It is not yet ready for testing. I have only submitted some initial
>>> work for passing data for rendering from providers to raster layer.
>>>
>>> I will appreciate, if you avoid changes in raster area in this period
>>> to make later merging easy. It involves especially
>>> src/app/qgsrasterlayerproperties.cpp
>>> src/core/raster/qgsrasterlayer.cpp
>>> src/core/raster/qgsrasterlayer.h
>>> src/core/raster/qgsrasterviewport.h