[Qgis-developer] Ready to branch?

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Sun Nov 7 08:22:16 EST 2010

> Can you please +1 this message if you are happy to release or otherwise
> provide a substantial reason why we shouldn't.

+1

Polish team is ready for branching (excluding half-sleeping Milena;) )

> I will include a note with the release announcement explaining that this is
> a rush release and suggesting that conservative users stay on 1.5 if they
> already have it installed.

That's a pitty we use even numbers for relatively unstable releases (1.4 and
now 1.6) and then try to polish them as odd numbers. For the 2.x series, maybe
we shoud try to focus on stability, performance and polishing in the even
versions :)