[Qgis-developer] Photo2Shape Plugin

Lenny Sorey lsorey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 07:22:26 EST 2010

Good Day All,

By the way, Let me first say thank you to all
the folks who have worked hard to make QGIS
a fantastic product. The level of excellence in the
open source world never fails to amaze me.

I have a question about the Photo2Shape Plugin.

When I submit a Geo-referenced JPG from my iPhone
the Photo2Shape will recognize all the geo-referenced
items from the photo when the ShapeFile is created, but the
photo image will not appear on the Qgis Canvas.

I tried it twice with both the add results to canvas checked and not
checked.

The only image I get on the canvas is a camera icon, not the photo I
converted.

The photo path is referenced correctly in the attributes as follows:

filepath: C:\Photos_geo\photo.jpg
filename: photo.jpg

Anyone see anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks,