[Qgis-developer] Time to retire OS X Xcode project

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 10 16:17:24 EST 2010

It's all pretty much done now in SVN, and should be in the 1.6 release.  See the INSTALL document in SVN for build details.  For Qwt, I have the install_name_tool step there.  All that's left is the final bundling step for the standalone, but that will have to wait for a gdaltools issue.

On Nov 10, 2010, at 2:52 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> I've not been monitoring the list lately. Feel free to contact me offline if you want to compare notes on cmake builds, although you are probably all caught up with my level of knowledge already. FWIW, this is the cmake command I run when building with your frameworks.
>
> cmake -D BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL=on\
> -D QWT_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/include\
> -D QWT_LIBRARY=/usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/lib/libqwt.5.dylib\
> -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Applications\
> -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -D SIP_BINARY_PATH=/usr/local/bin/sip\
> -D CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64\
> -D GRASS_PREFIX=/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS\
> -D GRASS_INCLUDE_DIR=/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/include ..
>
> You may have run into the quirky issues with qwt by now. That, of course, is not a qgis issue but qwt. I still have not managed to build qwt in a manner that does not require the install_name_tool command.
>
> I'm glad to know you will be continuing to help out with qgis. I started to panic when I first started reading your email.
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:57 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> It's been a bit (lot?) of work maintaining sync with the cmake build.  Other problems with it (both new and from day 1):
>>

>> Not to fear!  I've taken the plunge into cmake and have been working on a cmake overhaul for the OS X build.  I was going to wait for after the sudden 1.6 release, but since I'm not having luck with yacc/lex in Xcode I should have at least the core changes done for 1.6 (up to bundling Qt frameworks is done now, but not in SVN yet).
>>
>> Part of the cmake overhaul is to make sure library linking is all fixed up (it's been a problem in the past).  Another improvement is cleaner (and automatic) detection of my frameworks (needed for bundling to work).  The main improvement is making the bundling steps part of the install.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin