[Qgis-developer] Ready to branch?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 11 03:51:31 EST 2010

Hi

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I mean 1.6 branch, sorry.
>
> Radim
>
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cannot you just create a 1.5 _branch_, not yet the 1.5.0 tag (in SVN terms)?
>> With the rule that all fixes must be merged to trunk.

In theory we could do that but since the point of this release is to
evade a legal threat, I'm going to push out the release with a rider
note to users that we did a rush release etc. and a suggestion that
they stick with 1.5 if they are not happy with the changes made in 1.6
and wait until 1.7 release in December.

Regards

Tim

>> Radim
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>>> Hi folks...
>>>
>>> We need to press ahead with the release as soon as possible.
>>>
>>> It would not be good to start the hackfest while the freeze is still in
>>> effect.
>>>
>>> Can you please +1 this message if you are happy to release or otherwise
>>> provide a substantial reason why we shouldn't.
>>>
>>> I will include a note with the release announcement explaining that this is
>>> a rush release and suggesting that conservative users stay on 1.5 if they
>>> already have it installed.
>>>
>>> I am travelling at the moment but, internet willing, will branch for release
>>> tonight barring major objections.
>>>
>>> Regards Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services