[Qgis-developer] OS X trunk build issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 16 20:10:04 EST 2010

... Well, the problem is not isnan, that's just what r14601 mentioned.  The problem is abs(), and this has come up before for OS X - I think it had something to do with the order of includes.

There are a lot of places in Qgis that use abs() (more than just the 2 interpolator sources changed in r14601), and they generally include cmath/math.h after most other includes.  Strange, there is a lot of inconsistent use of the includes and function calls:

some always include cmath and use std::abs()

some conditionally include math.h for OS X and cmath for all other systems, and use abs() (without the std C++ namespace)

... so, cmath seems to work on OS X in those other parts of Qgis (maybe there were problems with cmath on older OS X systems?), so just always include cmath.  Worked for me on 10.6, but should be checked on older systems (at least 10.5).  I might be able to try that this week (I do need to build the 1.6 PPC package still).