[Qgis-developer] manageR plugin: hot wo load R package "sp"

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 05:47:18 EST 2010

Hi Mayeul,

rgdal wasn't installed (fixed now).
Find below the results to the queries you proposed:

here's the info
> > My guess is that this is a GDAL/OGR issue. Which version of GDAL do
> > you have on your system?

> If so, then running the following might help:
>
> #in the shell:
> which gdal-config
/usr/bin/gdal-config

> gdal-config --prefix
/usr

> gdal-config --libs
-lgdal

> gdal-config --cflags
-I/usr/include/gdal/

> gdal-config --version
1.7.1

> gdal-config --ogr-enabled
yes

> gdal-config --formats
gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 xpm sdts raw dted mem jdem envisat elas fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp pcidsk airsar rs2 ilwis rmf leveller sgi srtmhgt idrisi gsg ingr ers jaxapalsar dimap gff cosar pds adrg coasp tsx terragen blx msgn til r northwood saga wcs wms grib bsb jpeg2000 hdf4 gif jpeg png netcdf rik rasterlite wktraster

> # in R
> myPackages<-installed.packages()
> myPackages[myPackages[,1] %in% c("rgdal", "sp"),]

> myPackages[myPackages[,1] %in% c("rgdal", "sp"),]
      Package LibPath                                             Version
sp    "sp"    "/home/pel/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.12" "0.9-72"
rgdal "rgdal" "/usr/lib64/R/library"                              "0.6-30"
sp    "sp"    "/usr/lib64/R/library"                              "0.9-73"
      Priority Depends                                  Imports
sp    NA       "R (>= 2.10.0), methods"                 "utils, lattice, grid"
rgdal NA       "R (>= 2.10.0), methods, sp (>= 0.9-60)" NA
sp    NA       "R (>= 2.10.0), methods"                 "utils, lattice, grid"
      LinkingTo Suggests                       Enhances OS_type License
sp    NA        "lattice, RColorBrewer, rgdal" NA       NA      "GPL (>= 2)"
rgdal "sp"      NA                             NA       NA      "GPL (>= 2)"
sp    NA        "lattice, RColorBrewer, rgdal" NA       NA      "GPL (>= 2)"
      Archs      Built
sp    "sp.so"    "2.12.0"
rgdal "rgdal.so" "2.12.0"
sp    "sp.so"    "2.12.0"

The segfaults are still occurring as described before.

Thanks for your feedback,
Peter