[Qgis-developer] 2 doubts prior Compiling QGIS on ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Nov 23 06:07:11 EST 2010

Hi Agus,

On Tue, 23. Nov 2010 at 11:36:46 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> 1. I have grass installed from binaries. Do I need to compile it or
> can the new qgis just use the version I have installed (from
> binaries)?

If you compile you also specify where you GRASS lives.  You should point it to
the GRASS you intent to use.

> 2. I want to keep my current stable version from binaries. I
> understand that after doing
> sudo make install

Point CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to an other directory than /usr (/usr/local or
~/apps) for instance).   That way you can have the packages version in the
usual location and your own build somewhere else.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden