[Qgis-developer] Re: 2 doubts prior Compiling QGIS on ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Nov 23 09:06:10 EST 2010

On 23/11/2010 15:03, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> 1. So in my case (Synaptic installing from ubuntugis), I set GRASS_PREFIX to
> /usr/lib/grass64 in ccmake, right? Is there an easy way to know where
> Synaptic installs packages instead of having to make long searches?
>
> 2. I must avoid
> sudo make install
> to do not overwrite my current qgis, right?
If you've changed the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, then you can
safely run 'make install'. If you've chosen a directory under
/home/alobo then you shouldn't even need sudo to install.

Then, with sudo privileges, create a soft link /usr/bin/qgis7
pointing to
  /home/alobo/apps/bin/qgis (or wherever the qgis binary got
placed)

--
Micha Silver
http://www.surfaces.co.il/