[Qgis-developer] qgis2google, OTB plugins, enhanced measurements

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Sat Nov 27 02:25:56 EST 2010

Hi all

I had a look at the qgis2google plugin. It seems a great addition and also has
a good potential for the future ( <dream> full KML export considering legend
groups as folders and possibility to specify extrusion values for layers or
from attribute values </dream> ).
Looking at the QgsKmlConverter class, it seems to me that single symbol and
unique value from old symbology are supported. Are there any plans to support
symbology-ng too?
Alexander, would you be available to maintain the plugin?

Didn't try the OTB plugins yet, but I heard it contains a very powerfull set
of tools. Seems OTB has some additional dependencies, so optional compilation
would be good for it (similar to GRASS plugin). And we would need a maintainer
from the OTB team to include it into trunk.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland