[Qgis-developer] Proposed enhancement: WKT field in delimited text plugin

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Sun Nov 28 15:59:16 EST 2010

Hi

I've submitted a proposed enhancement and patch to the delimited text plugin to provide support for WKT fields as a way of defining geometries, as an alternative to using X and Y fields to define points.

I find this very useful for creating small data sets from scripts (eg perl/python), where I want to display line string or polygon geometries.  Also it matches the data generated by copying features to the clipboard.  So features can be copied into a text files and then displayed directly in QGIS.  While this functionality is available via the OGR VRT virtual format, it is much easier to use directly from delimited text files.

If this all looks Ok could this be installed into 1.7?

Thanks
Chris

http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3259

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.