[Qgis-developer] Bug in PAL labelling over the dateline

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 03:10:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy
>
> Applied in r14352, thank you for the good problem description and the
> testdata.
>
>> Quick question: Is it ok to change the PAL library like this, or is it
>> better to put an exception handler around the PAL calls. I'm just thinking
>> about future merges of the PAL library into the QGIS source.
>
> There are already other PAL changes in the QGIS source tree that need to be
> merged back into PAL, e.g. Martins curved labeling or the possibility to force
> certain label positions for data defined labeling. So agreed, we should do that
> soon to stay in sync with PAL.

AFAIK there has been no development within PAL for about two years
except for some small fixes - see [1]. So effectively development of
PAL happens only within the copy of PAL in QGIS repository. Therefore
it should be quite easy to merge all the changes back, the only
question is whether the original authors will be willing to merge all
our changes.

[1] http://geosysin.iict.ch/pal-trac/log/trunk

Martin