[Qgis-developer] Problems with Histogram tab in Raster properties

Benoit de Cabissole benoit at exigesa.com
Mon Oct 18 03:29:30 EDT 2010

 Hi Tim,

Just after upgrading to release 14390 the histogram function works like
a charm when I open *for the first time* the raster properties window.
Thank you!

But, if I close the raster property window while in the histogram tab
and try to re-open it, QGIS crashes!
In fact I cannot open any raster properties window after that without
having QGIS crash...
I've edited the 'row' value in the RasterLayerProperties in the registry
to set it to 1 (from 6) and I can again use QGIS normally.
So it seems that the raster properties window bombs out QGIS if it opens
in the histogram tab (row=6).

Can you reproduce this behaviour in Linux/Mac/Other win?

I'm on WindowsXP in OSGeo4W.

One comment: the stats are computed each time the histogram tab is
opened. For large raster it takes a long time to compute the histogram.
Would it be best to save the histogram somewhere and reuse it?

Cheers,
Benoit