[Qgis-developer] PostGIS plugins

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:29:54 EDT 2010

Hi
I think it would be great if this new 'database' section could be made
to work with spatialite as well as with postgis. Maybe the creation of
a general manager for spatial databases that could integrate the
'Postgis manager', 'Spatialite manager', 'RT SQL layer' and the rest
of the functionality of the other plugins that are related. I guess
this would need some kind of abstraction layer, and some (probably a
lot of) extra work.
This could maybe become a solid base for other people to develop more
specialized plugins to deal with database queries and analysis.

Maybe I'm being too ambitious and starting with the incorporation of
Faunalia's tools is good enough ;)