[Qgis-developer] The new QGIS plugin repo

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Thu Oct 21 04:39:22 EDT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2010, um 10.20:01 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
> Il 21/10/2010 10:08, Pirmin Kalberer ha scritto:
> > My proposal would be to start with a github account as a central SCM for
> > QGIS plugins. Similar to http://github.com/grails-plugins
> > (http://grails.org/plugin/home) e.g. Write access can then still be
> > granted per-plugin.
> > Having Redmine would give the advantage of having sub-projects.
> > Organizing plugins as sub-projects means, that each plugin has their own
> > trac-like site but tickets are also collected on master-project level
> > (e.g. qgis-plugins).
>
> Redmine looks wonderful, thanks for the review.
> One thing that worries me is: changing from the current structure for bug
> reports, committing etc. to a new one could discourage develpers and users
> alike (remember, most people are lazy).

I'm a lazy developer, too ;-) But do we only want to attract grey-haired GIS
experts with long time CVS (you remember?) experience? In about two years from
now you will have to explain people how this non-distributed SCM called SVN is
working ;-)

> Other issue: what should be installed on OSGeo servers? I think we have
> some limitations there.

AFAIK we have virtual machines there. I would volunteer in setting up a
Redmine instance using the OSGeo LDAP logins. In our company we migrated all
Trac instances to one Redmine installation more than two years ago.

Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions