[Qgis-developer] save project via python results in segfault

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 03:44:49 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> Does this ring a bell with someone?
> Should I be able to save a just started qgis project via python? Or
> should I call some other methods first?

ding dong on the bell ringing front:

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/autosave-bugs-td5393598.html

my autosave plugin has been crashing qgis since version 1.5 because it
uses essentially the same python code. I was pretty busy at the time
so I just disabled it and carried on. Haven't got back to it, but can
confirm the behaviour you are seeing.

 Not sure why running sys.path.append should crash it, you can easily
do import sys;sys.path.append("/tmp") in the console without crashing
it, so the problem is elsewhere. I have a feeling its related to
string handling - unicode, QStrings, or something.

 Having an autosave function that was supposed to protect you from
crashes causing crashes was a very tragic circumstance! I'd like to
fix it!

Barry