[Qgis-developer] PostGIS plugins

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Mon Oct 25 18:37:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

> Thanks. So we go back to the question:
> - svn or git?
> - on osgeo or elsewhere?
> - trac, redmine, or other?

I am not a PSC member nor a very dedicated QGIS dev yet, but here are my 2c on
this topic, which would be a kiss approach.
The main target for this repo is qgis and qgis plugin devs.
I'd first say : if you want your tool to be used, use what the majority of them
already know. And I think that's SVN and Trac. Learning a new tool just for
this case looks like a strong disincentive to me, even if the new tools are
ten times better.
As for hosting, I'd tend to not multiply hosting, and keep administration
tasks to the lowest possible level. That would probably mean OSGeo hosting I
think ? Same here, having same tools than other osgeo projects helps lowering
administration burden.
That's just my humble opinion, sorry if it does not help a lot.

Vincent

Vincent Picavet - vincent.picavet at oslandia.com
www.oslandia.com - Engineering your GIS