[Qgis-developer] Qgis API: confused about versions

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 28 10:46:50 EDT 2010

Hi Gary,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/10 10:34 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
>> Il 27/10/2010 22:53, Giuseppe Sucameli ha scritto:
>>
>>  You can also find the latest APIs here [1].
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> [1] http://qgis.org/api/
>>>

>> So why not removing http://doc.qgis.org/ ?
>> All the best.
>>
> I was not even aware of this version of the api docs---as far as I knew
> doc.qgis.org was the source. If there are duplicate versions of
> documentation and resources being stood up there needs to be some
> communication and coordination.

doc.qgis.org contains both stable (1.0) and unstable APIs.
qgis.org/api/ contains only the unstable APIs (I remember it was added when
doc.qgis.org server was unavailable).

I think that some devs are confused about the APIs versions.
Why doesn't the unstable APIs' version match the QGis version in
doc.qgis.org?
There's a reason?

Cheers.

--