[Qgis-developer] Please vote: Proposed extension to 1.7 release schedule

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Apr 1 09:57:49 EDT 2011

Hi Marco,

On Fri, 01. Apr 2011 at 15:17:50 +0200, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> I don't really have a strong opinion on where the webclient would be located
> in svn ( webclient in https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/webclient vs.
> https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/qgis/webgis_client).

Me neither.

> The directory above would save some bandwidth for most people that compile the
> code, the directory below has better visibility.

> Don't know what the number of files is in the webclient. If there are lots of
> files, I'd tend to https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/webclient, otherwise to
> https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/qgis/webgis_client

The only things webclient and the rest share are the icons, isn't it?
Not duplicating that would possibly be a minor plus.

Another thing might be that the webclient follows development stuff in server,
so it might be nice to have new features on both ends in possibly one commit.
That might make maintance easier.

What would be the downside of trunk - assuming that the webclient isn't huge?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden