[Qgis-developer] Re: some notes on building SAGA and its python bindings under Windows (to test and use Qgis-SAGA plugin)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 06:33:25 EDT 2011

2011/4/13 G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com>

> On an unrelated note: Do you know if a particular python version is
>> defined as target for QGIS plugins? I believe I read 2.3 somewhere,
>> but can't find the source.
>>

> I don't remember about a reference version. The Python libs shipped with
> Osgeo4w come from Python 2.5.2

PS: I hope they will be upgrated to 2.6 (at least). It would solve various
problems, not only for Windows builds (VS 2008 express is free, otherwise
MinGW is needed if one doesn't own a previous licensed compiler), but also
for many third-party python libs which are going to be distributed only for
Python >2.6