[Qgis-developer] Better bug squashing

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 13 17:19:47 EDT 2011

Hi Ivan

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think current devs are already overcommitted, with a few exceptions.
>> So it would be good if those who are available will clarify their
>> position, so some companies could have an option.
>
> So, is there anybody who can allocate more time for bugs if some
> budget will be collected ? What is the minimal hour rate ?

I am available for this (well I'm dreaming of the day when I can work
on the QGIS project full time...). My bug fixing usefulness is more in
the areas of user interface, usability and so on...I dont have all the
deep ninja skills that Marco, Juergen and others have when it comes to
more nasty c++ problem solving. Still I guess most bugs are simple to
moderate to fix and just need somone to actually spend time on them,
and I would be quite effective at dealing with those.

I believe I can recruit others to help with the bug fixing effort if
there was financial support to sustain the effort, and there are
probably others on the project who would be interested in this.

Regards

Tim

> Ivan

 * QGIS programming and support services