[Qgis-developer] Re: Merging gis-newgis theme

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Apr 18 04:05:53 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl>wrote:

> 1:
> A       + consistent with next

1A, but I agree with Martin here that it would be better if the icon was
related to printing.

> 2:
> A       + one vector sign in theme (see 15)
> B       + nicer (transparency)

2B

> 3:
> A       - too small map sign
> B       - page/paper? sing

neither, should be made consistent wit the other load icons (globe on top,
simple map in the back).

We could also use a WFS icon. (I don't see it on theme.png)

> 4: see 2
>
> 5:
> A       - <extend view>? not <pan>
> B       + consistent with cursor; recognizable
>        - not sharp

5B. Can try to make it sharper

> 6:
> B       - from another theme

6A

> 7:
> B       - from another theme

neither, I think it would be most intuitive to use the same icon as for
"Save Project" and have a layer in the back - or the editing pen ...

> 8,11-14:
> A       smooth
> B       sharp

8,11-14 A

> 9:
> A       + easy to scale as general <move> action (small sign in right
> bottom; see one after 21 - move annotation)

9B with smooth shape

> 10:
> A       + fits in action area -> reusable?
> B       + bigger

no preferences

> 15:
> A       + simple message

15B with smooth shape

> 16-17:
> A       - not clear message (16 taken from GIMP)
> B       - hard to recognize, 17 too dark

16-17B with smooth shape

> 18:
> A       - too smal arrow
> B       - "i" in strange place

18B

> 19:
> A & B   both are unclear

19B

> 20-21:
> A       - not typical
> B       - bookmark (but spatial?); breaks "without perspective view" rule

20-21B or the golf flag idea

> 22-25:
> A       + consistent

 22-25A but with Martin's remarks: "it would be good to keep something like
"ABC" as in 22B, using the bottom-right actions like in 22-25A icons"

Best wishes,

Anita