[Qgis-developer] ecw and linux nightly builds

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Apr 20 03:20:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been happily running the development nightly builds on my linux (ubuntu) box for a while now.

Unfortunately, I've just hit a point where unfortunately I have no real choice but to load up an ecw image.

I have previously complied the ecw library (when using ubuntugis-unstable) and GDAL knows about ecw, but QGIS doesn't seem to want to talk to it.

There doesn't seem to be a gdal-ecw (or similar) package in the nightly repositry.

So
Is it possible to add a package to the nightly build to get ecw support?
or,
Is it possible for me to build/add a linking bit (package) and get ecw support?
or,
Do I need to go into the self-build relm?

If it's one of the first two, are there pointers available?

-ramon.