[Qgis-developer] Postgis Column Type and Symbology

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 21 20:02:28 EDT 2011

While not using the most recent trunk (but a recent one) and a 1.6
install I ran into a quirk which I hope someone else can confirm.

I have 4 columns all are bigint in postgis, 2 read and float8 and to as
int8 to QGIS. Only the float8 columns appear on the list in the
graduated symbology options.

Is QGIS doing some sort of Type Casting? QGIS seems to be treating 2 of
the columns as if they were Text and not as numbers. Yet the Postgres
definitions for all 4 are the same.

Thanks,
Alex