[Qgis-developer] QGIS Processing Framework

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:46:48 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,
I was accepted as a student in GSoC to implement a "SAGA interface for QGIS".
There are also proyects that try to interface QGIS with GRASS and the
Orfeo Toolbox (OTB). Paolo has informed me that the creation of a
common framework for those systems was discussed and approved during
HF. A very interesting idea, IMO, that completely changes the way I
would have to work on my project.

While I didn't participate in those discussions and don't know what
conclusions were drawn, as a brainstorming exercise I am writing a
short description of what a very simple API to that framework could
look like:

https://github.com/polymeris/qgis/wiki/QGIS-Processing-Framework

Would that more or less fit what you have in mind? Please comment/criticize.

Regards,
Camilo