[Qgis-developer] Re: Why a standalone app?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Aug 8 03:29:20 EDT 2011

Il 07/08/2011 13:13, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Oh I think its in master only so probably you should forget it as an
> option as it will be a while until it makes it into a stable release.

Nevertheless, I keep on suggesting to use this feature, and go for a customized QGIS
+ a plugin rather than a full app, because:
- it will be easier to further develop and maintain a plugin than a full app
- new QGIS features will be added straight away as main QGIS progresses
- you can add and remove features to your customized app at will, with maximum ease
- anybody can use even the development version of QGIS, with very little effort
- the development versioon is usually in good shape, and can be used at least for
testing purposes
- it is also very easy to build a standalone installer with your customized QGIS.
All the best.