[Qgis-developer] Re: Release plans for 1.7.1

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:48:21 EDT 2011

 >It would be nice to release 1.7.1 version with only bugfixes and no new
 >features.
 >
 >I discovered that with QGIS 1.6-1.7 WMS connection never uses proxy
 >user/password authentication, this is a big problem in corporate
 >environments. I filed the bug #3844. The bug appeared after the
 >rewrite of
 >QGIS connection management (see this: #3912 it was fixed, but now it is
 >broken again).

+1

We discovered that also the plugin repository never uses proxy
user/password.
Perhaps will use the same classes ?
It work only with proxy anonymous (without user/pwd).
So to update the plugins we need to put the repositories in the white-list
(very very bad practice for network administrators).

Andrea.