[Qgis-developer] Re: Release plans for 1.7.1

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 02:34:34 EDT 2011

Il 27/08/2011 03:59, Giuseppe Sucameli ha scritto:
> If I remember the problem Andrea wrote, neither the plugin installer worked
> under proxy in that case.
> Probably it was due a unsupported authentication method because proxy settings
> was well-filled.
>
> @Andrea, could you investigate further and give us more details about
> that proxy
> configuration, e.g. auth methods supported?
> I think we may find a solution sooner if people share our own
> experience in proxies,
> like Duarte did yet.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Hi Giuseppe,

We have some situations of some Local Governments that was absolutely
unable to access to the plugins lists.
Menawhile others was able to.
After some try, we discovered that all the Local Government that was
unable to access the local plugin was with a proxy with user/password.
Unfortunately we don't have a proxy with user/pwd so we don't able to
replicate.

However thx to this Local Governments we can do some tests.
We try with HttpProxy and with HttpProxyCaching , but no success.

We discover also that the same problem was on Layer-WMS that use the
same proxy settings. Also it don't work if the proxy use the couple
user/pwd.

To make the quest more complex was the fact that if the destination was
inserted in a whitelist (of the proxy) then the proxy don't ask for the
couple user/pwd and go directly to destination.

These make all more complex because meanwhile the repository of the
plugin are of course not in whitelist. Often the destinations of
LayerWMS was in whitelist (ie: another Local Government that has a Wms
Server and so on).

Infact when the proxy see that the destination is in a whitelist don't
ask the user/pwd but go to it directly.

----
BUT PAY ATTENTION:
if a destination is in a proxy whitelist don't mean "is possible to go
to it without setting the proxy".
The proxy need to be set however. Only the proxy to go directly without
ask for user/pwd.
----

I don't know if the couple user/pwd that this proxies will ask for is
really the couple user/pwd in the proxy settings page.
- perhaps they are two thing completely different-
Infact I don't understand why if the destination is in a whitelist the
proxy should don't ask for usr/pwd.

Instead I think the couple usr/pwd of these proxies is a sort of
super-protection.
Something like this
- "if the destination is unknown then I (the proxy) want to know who are
you before allow you to go to the destination".

Unfortunately is quite hard for me to do other tests using the Local
Governments proxies.

I prefer to install a my own proxy and use it for some tests.
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2638752
Let me know. If is need I try do it.

Regards,
Andrea.