[Qgis-developer] [WEBCLIENT]Specific mailinglist? (was: Mailinglist for QGIS Web-Client)

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sat Aug 27 04:21:29 EDT 2011

Le vendredi 26 août 2011 à 23:26 +0200, Tim Sutton a écrit :
> But seriously, ...tagging subjects like [WEBCLIENT] Help my blah blah
> blah... is what he had in mind I think....though that requires a level
> of inolvement in list politics that most of our subscribers may not
> possess I am afraid....
>

> Regards
>
> Tim

Hi
Yes, tagging the subjects is the easiest to implement, use, and is
forgiving.. It would already be great. Disadvantage is that it makes
long subjects sometimes, not always though.
For instance, this subject would become:

[Qgis-developer][WEBCLIENT] Sepecific mailinglist?

It is possible to make shorter subjects by modifying the first part of
the subject (server side):
[Qgis-dev][WEBCLIENT] Specific mailinglist?

Or even [QgisDev][WebClient] Specific mailinglist?

We already have [Qgis-tr], so why not have shorter tags than
[Qgis-developer] ?

I suggest CamelCase for readibility, the email client filters are
normally case insensitive.

For the tags, we need to agree on them to help users create rules. This
should be somehow consistent with tagging practices in tracking, wiki,
etc.
Badly-tagged emails can still be filtered manually by end readers.

My genuine question implied something different, one possibility would
have been to put tags in the full text for the cases where there is
overlap between two subjects. This would avoid very long subjects, but
those situations are rare and this would slow down the email filters a
lot, so forget it.

Marco wrote:
> You make me sound too smart, and you still didnt give me the target
>  arch of your calculator :)
What about doing this for my Kodak EasyShare M420 digicam? Easier task:
It already has the zoom in and zoom out buttons ;-)

Mayeul