[Qgis-developer] Python problem - qgispython.dll

Sasikumar Kanniyappan qgis.developer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 04:22:14 EDT 2011

Hello list,

I have compiled and build the Qgis 1.7 using Visual C++ environment and it
working fine in my local machine. But,

after creating the installer and installed in the fresh machine(No
environment variable set in the fresh machine),

while start up Qgis 1.7 crashes. Then I removed the qgispython.dll in the
bin folder, Qgis 1.7 working without any

issues. I know that Qgis work without python. But I need to enable the
python plugin.

I have referred the http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1214 link and followed
the changes but no uses. Can anyone

help me to solve this issue.

Please note that the installer is working in my local machine, I guess due
to Environment variable(PYTHONHOME) set

in my machine it is working.

FYI:
Environment - Visual C++ (OS - VISTA)