[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] New QGIS logo

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:12:03 EDT 2011

+1 for a logo competition.

Then a sub category - (optional) icon set that matches with the submitted logo.

The maker of the winning logo + icon set would have the privilege to
be acknowledge (post URL) in the "About PopUp form" of the QGIS
releases.

I think this would encourage established icon designers (i.e.
individuals and companies) to submit their entry for the competition.

This event - icon competition would also promotes QGIS.

What do you think about the ideas?

Noli

On 9/1/11, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
> +1 for a logo contest if possible.
>
> If we change the QGIS icon and logo for 2.0, I would even go as far a not
> restricting the color palette at all. No need to stick to yellow/green if
> something else would suite the project better.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>

> 2011/8/31 Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com>
>
>> While I think the QGIS icon needs a revamp for 2.0 I'm not sure that new
>> one does it for me personally.
>>
>> I have been in contact with a company here in Australia who said they are
>> happy to sponsor a 99designs.com (http://99designs.com/logo-design)
>> competition
>> for the new QGIS logo.  The best part is that you can do the competition
>> but
>> if you don't like the designs you don't have to pick on.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> - Nathan
>>
>> 2011/9/1 Maxim Dubinin <sim at gis-lab.info>
>>
>>> I like the idea of simplifying QGIS logo a lot.
>>> I never understood what is the point of arrow in QGIS logo? Can it be
>>> just
>>> stylized