[Qgis-developer] Heatmap Plugin

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Dec 3 04:48:41 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:14 AM, aruntheguy at gmail.com
<aruntheguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,

I was browsing through the plugin ideas to work on something, and this
> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Python_Plugin_Ideas#heatmaps-reusable-python-codeparticular plugin idea seemed to be a good start.

Heatmaps would be great because currently, it's always necessary to start
GRASS to do something like that.
Can you write it in C++ to go into core?

> Is anyone already working on it? Otherwise I will take it up.
>
> The page contains just the link. It would be great if more information is
> provided like, use scenario, what it is exactly supposed to do? The Input
> is of course a gpx file, with the available code, what should be produced
> as the output in Qgis? Any information regarding this is welcome.

The input should be any point layer file. Output should be a raster layer.
A lot of usable code should be contained in the interpolation plugin which
works in this way.

Looking forward to having this functionality in QGIS.

Regards,

Anita