[Qgis-developer] building & displaying pyramids

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 5 01:18:48 EST 2011

On 2011-12-05 06:45, shjoon OoO wrote:
> Thank you for replaying..
> I want to build application using qt & c++ that displays map in a window
> and then i will add other features,
> but for now i want to maintain the speed of display by using pyramids &
> tiles.

Ah, clear. I'll push your response to the list (plz always reply via
list, don't be afraid :-) ), and because I'm not so much in the c++
raster libs, I hope one of the other dev's can give some help.

(I think the pyramid creation is done via the GDAL lib (see also
http://www.gdal.org). That is also what I read here:
http://qgis.org/api/classQgsRasterPyramid.html

Regards,

Richard