[Qgis-developer] Plugin reorganization (again)

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:39:06 EST 2011

Hi all,

there are lot of core plugins and much more contributed. Keep all them in
single toolbar/menu decrease usability. I remember we have several
discussions about that, and one of the results - Raster and Database menus.

But most plugins don't used appropriate menus, see [0]. So after some offlist
discussion with Paolo I start to work on moving plugins to correct menus. As
a part of this work I also implement some new functionality:
 - new methods to place plugin buttons to the Raster toolbar;
 - new Vector menu (hidden by default, appears after loading first plugin. Same
   as we have with Database menu) and Vector toolbar. Methods to add plugins
   to this menu/toolbar;
 - Database toolbar with appropriate methods.

Also I move most of core plugins to different menus, depending on
their functions.
Unchanged plugins are (they still located under Plugins menu):
 - eVis
 - MapServer export
 - OpenStreetMap
 - RoadGraph
 - Coordinate capture
 - Globe
 - GRASS

All this changes available in reorganize-plugins branch from my fork [1]

[0] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4395
[1] https://github.com/alexbruy/Quantum-GIS/tree/reorganize-plugins

Comments and opinions are welcome. If there are no objections, I can commit
this to master.

Thanks
--
Alexander Bruy