[Qgis-developer] Plugin reorganization (again)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 19 03:02:33 EST 2011

On 2011-12-18 14:38, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> I tried to fix pitfall mentioned by Gary and implement Paolo's
> suggestion about adding
> categories to plugin metadata.
>
> Comments, suggestions are welcome

Hi Alexander,

I like both the idea and your implementation!

I was thinking about another pitfall (haven't build your branch yet,
maybe you already tackled this, please ignore me then ;-) ).

At this moment, when I disable ftools, the whole vector menu disappears.
So will my little plugin (which I placed in the vector menu by using the
metadata-trick) then by itself create a vector-menu item in the main menu?

OR are the main-categories now always created by qgis itself, and only
shown when at least one plugin/module is using it?

Anyway, thanks for the great work!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde