Plugin developer documentation, used to be [Qgis-developer] reorganizing menus

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Dec 25 12:32:40 EST 2011

Hi,

I think it's time to think about how we want to organize (plugin) developer
documentation in the future. Currently, we have information spread over the
wiki, PyQGIS Cookbook and the main API documentation itself.

Imho, we should decide if we want to have that kind of information in wiki
or the cookbook. Keeping both up to date produces unnecessary work and
confuses those who are willing to learn plugin development.

The advantage of the wiki approach certainly is that everyone with an OSGeo
account can edit it without much effort. The cookbook on the other hand
already contains much more information.

I think both approaches are fine but we should get rid of this kind of
redundancy.

Best wishes,

Anita