[Qgis-developer] Including ccache in the package list in installation instructions

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 07:28:38 EST 2011

Hello all,

I have previously written asking for the plugin workflow, mainly keeping in
the mind the amount of time required to compile the code. After, people
showed me how to do it, I am fine and running. But I noticed something that
could be included in the installation document.

The install document tells

> You should also setup ccache to speed up compile times:
>
> cd /usr/local/bin
> sudo ln -s /usr/bin/ccache gcc
> sudo ln -s /usr/bin/ccache g++
>
> Since ccache is not in the apt-get install list, it doesn't get installed
in a 'virgin' system. I think a tip or a warning can be added along with
the above telling to install ccache by apt-get install.

Someone can add this or I would be happy enough to make it my first pull
request :)

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in