[Qgis-developer] plugin development in Win XP

maaza mekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 19:24:19 EST 2011

I am struggling to build a plugin in QGIS. I was able to build the source and I could run QGIS. But I can not create a plugin. I tried to follow Dr. Marco Hugentobler's example from the compilation guide and since it is linux based I could not duplicate it in the windows env. no matter how I try to compile the sample I get one error after another. Right now the error message below is the latest one. Can any of you offer some direction?

1>C:\SW\Src\qgis-trunk\src\gui\qgisinterface.h(54) : error C2470: 'QgisInterface' : looks like a function definition, but there is no parameter list; skipping apparent body
1>c:\sw\src\qgis-trunk\src\core\qgis.h(32) : error C2470: 'QGis' : looks like a function definition, but there is no parameter list; skipping apparent body

Maaza