[Qgis-developer] QGIS Framework for web and online shapefile viewer

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Feb 4 08:05:45 EST 2011

Hi Mohammed

Yes, it is possible to do rendering with QGIS independent of GUI. You could
take a look at the code for the server in qgis trunk (in the src/mapserver
directory). Basically you use QgsMapRenderer, add the layers to it and render
into a Qt paint device (usually QImage for GUI independant tasks).

> does QGIS can be used as a framework in our application?

I hope so. Please also consider that the QGIS libraries are GPL license ( not
LGPL ).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland