[Qgis-developer] Raster providers

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Feb 28 04:59:21 EST 2011

Hi

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> Do you have anything else left on your todo list before you can merge to trunk?
>
> It looks like this:
> qgsrasterprojector.* qgsrasterdataprovider.* raster/qgsrasterlayer.* : 60 TODOs
> qgsgdalprovider.*: 11 TODOs
> qgsgrassrasterprovider.*: 8 TODOs
> qgswmsprovider.*: 53 TODOs
>
> But all those TODOs are not really problem, IIRC, before the merge I have to add
> only fall back to precise reprojection if approximation fails (easy)
> and code cleanup.
>
> The problem with data reloading on update (G. Manghi reported) I would
> like to solve in trunk
> because it may need QgsLayer and renderer modifications.
>
> Then, there are some places, usually constants which have
> to be checked better (e.g. max error, in reprojection, minimum source
> resolution etc.)
> That can still be done in trunk, I think.

That being the case, I would suggest we poll Marco and other devs to
see if it can move into trunk so that it can be more broadly tested
before the release - I don't think it will be good to merge it at the
last minute before the release for this reason.

> BTW: The approximate reprojection could may be used also for vectors?

Hmm interesting. Is there a summary of the logic you have used to do
this somewhere?

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net