[Qgis-developer] GDAL Version inside qgis python API

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Jan 3 14:19:10 EST 2011

Hi Maurício,

On Mon, 03. Jan 2011 at 16:36:59 -0200, Maurício de Paulo wrote:
> Now i've looked at gdal_tools code and it calls the module gdal and checks
> it's version. Seems odd to know that the module and qgis doesn't use the
> same versions on a OSGeo4W installation.

> On my laptop qgis reports (on the about screen) gdal 1.5.3 and python-gdal
> reports 1.7.3.

The output in the about screen is wrong.  QGIS uses 1.7 on OSGeo4W.

But if you install both gdal and gdal17 the about box will pickup the gdal
include from the 1.5 directory - just a cosmetic issue.

> Is there any way to get to know what kind of files does qgis open as raster?

You mean which DLLs it's linked against?  Checkout dependencywalker[1].

Jürgen

[1] http://www.dependencywalker.com/

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden